Call for Papers - 26th IATEFL Poland Conference Bielsko-Biała 2017
by Anna Gałucka
Categories: Conference 26th.
CALL FOR PAPERS
26th IATEFL Poland Annual Conference to be held on
15th – 17th September 2017 BIELSKO-BIAŁA
Department of Humanities of the University of Bielsko-Biała Poland
“Reaching the Peaks”
The IATEFL Poland Annual Conference is one of the largest international events for teachers of English as a Foreign Language attracting around 1000 English language experts and practitioners from more than fifty countries each year.
The theme of the highly successful 25th anniversary conference in Szczecin in September 2016 was “Across the Borders – Over the Boundaries”, inviting all people involved in TEFL to think internationally and innovatively. Following on in the same vein, the motto for the 2017 Conference will be “Reaching the Peaks”, where the emphasis will be on
- performance and achievement in all aspects of learning
- teaching and assessment, including the latest course materials
- innovative teaching methodology
- fresh perspectives on teaching content,
- new approaches to teacher-training
More specifically, contributions can also include topics such as the role of the L2 culture in teaching, promoting language awareness, the personalisation and individualisation of the learning process and content, the incorporation of fun and creativity, the application of new technologies and the use of English as a lingua franca.
Against this background, IATEFL Poland and the Department of Humanities of the University of Bielsko-Biala would like to invite all stakeholders in the field of ELT to contribute to the 2017 conference programme in the form of presentations, talks, discussion groups, live lessons, etc. In order to cover all areas and all levels, we are not only interested in contributions from specialists and experts. We would particularly welcome proposals from first-time speakers.
Abstract Submission Deadline (both papers and workshops): 1st May 2017
Notification of Acceptance: 1st June 2017
On-line registration deadline for authors: 1st July 2017
Early registration for conference participants: 1st July 2017
Late registration for conference participants: 1st August 2017
Conference Dates: September 15th– 17th, 2017
There will be 5 presentation modalities:
- Plenary (60 min.): the plenary presenters are kindly asked to restrict their presentations to 55 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion led by the chair of the session.
- Talk (60 or 40 min.): the paper presenters are kindly asked to restrict their presentations to 55 or 35 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion led by the chair of the session.
- Workshop (60 or 40 min.): workshop sessions must include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator.
- Live lesson (60 or 40 min.): the workshop with participation of learners (various age groups). Lessons are observed by the participants of the conference. The organisers can provide groups of learners .
- Poster: posters are invited on any of the themes listed above. Posters may be any size up to a maximum of A1 (594mm x 840mm) or equivalent made up of separate sheets.
WORKING LANGUAGES: The official languages of the Conference are English and Polish