ETS is happy to announce the 2022 TOEFL® English-language Researcher/Practitioner Grant Program. The purpose of the TOEFL English-language Researcher/Practitioner Grant Program is to enable practitioners to become involved in ETS’s efforts to promote English language learning, and to support education and professional development for English-language teachers worldwide through ETS’s assessments and services.
Successful applicants will receive funding of US$5,000–$10,000.
Practitioners who are teaching English in various contexts including universities, intensive English programs, study-abroad programs, primary schools and secondary (middle or high) schools are invited to apply. Prior research experience is not required, but practitioners with advanced degrees in language instruction, or a related field, will be given preference.
Applicants must submit an application package via email to TOEFLAwardsandGrants@ets.org by 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on September 30, 2021. The application package must include the following:
- completed application form (PDF)
- curriculum vitae
- September 30, 2021 — Deadline for receipt of application materials
- November 8, 2021 — All applicants notified of selection
- November 22, 2021 — Successful applicants confirm information about their research design and the TOEFL test they will use
- January 1, 2022 — Research project commences
- December 1, 2022 — Deadline for submission of collected data, classroom materials and summary of study results (the deadline will be extended accordingly if the project is planned to last more than 1 year)
For full details, please see the TOEFL English-language Researcher/Practitioner Grant Program webpage.