“The Human Dimension”
30th INTERNATIONAL IATEFL POLAND Conference
17th – 18th September 2021
CALL FOR PAPERS
We cordially invite you to the 30th IATEFL Poland Annual International Conference which, due to the present uncertain situation, will again be organized as an online event. However, In view of the very positive response to our first IATEFL Poland Online Conference last year, due in no small part to the excellent assistance and support we received from all sides – participants, speakers, exhibitors and technicians – we are sure that this year’s conference will also be a great success and worthy of our 30th Anniversary.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic in Spring 2020, all stakeholders in EFL have been mainly focusing on methods and materials suitable for transferring teaching skills to the new online environment (‘from ROOM to ZOOM’), and many techniques and materials have been developed to provide support in this direction.
One element that has proved more difficult to deal with is the area of personal interaction. Language is a collaborative activity that can only be effective together with other people. And language learning requires motivation, which can suffer when students spend their time isolated in front of their computer screen.
For this reason, the motto for the IATEFL Poland 2021 30th Conference is:
The Human Dimension
The aim is to provide teachers with the latest and most effective methods and materials to help bridge the interpersonal gaps that can occur ‘between ROOM and ZOOM’. In this way, we hope to develop and extend teachers’ expertise in meeting the needs of their students. And, as a bonus, most of these approaches will of course be equally relevant when the present situation is over and we can all return to face-to-face teaching.
To help explore the variety of issues connected to the main theme of the conference, this Call for Papers welcomes contributions covering any of the following or related topics:
- Psychology in Teaching and Teachers’ Careers
- Global Issues
- Effective ways of developing general language skills
- Language Assessment (testing and evaluation)
- Computer Aided Teaching and Learning (CAT/L) and learning technologies
- Inclusive Practices and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Young Learners (YL) and teenagers
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP), e.g. Academic English, Business English (BE), Legal English, Medical English
- English Language Teaching Management (ELTM)
- Teacher Training and Development
- Creativity in English Language Learning/Teaching, e.g. Drama, Art, Story-Telling, Music, Literature, Humour and Cultural Studies
Wherever possible, submissions should have some connection with the motto of the conference.
If you would like to offer a presentation, talk or workshop, please fill in the online Speaker’s Proposal Form https://iatefl.org.pl/conference/index.php?a=login
The final deadline for proposals is 10th June . Confirmations of acceptance will be sent out by 28th June.
In line with the mission and the ethos of IATEFL Poland, we would particularly welcome proposals from first-time speakers and young teachers, for whom we offer a mentoring scheme. For details, contact the Organising Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentations options are:
- Plenary (60 min)
- Talk (60 or 40 min)
- Workshop (60 or 40 min.): workshop sessions must include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator.
- Lesson (60 or 40 min.): a workshop with real learners (various age groups). Lessons are observed by the participants of the conference.
- Advanced Lessons for Teachers (60 or 40 min.): a workshop with active participation of teachers – participants of the conference who would like to polish up their English.
WORKING LANGUAGES: The official languages of the Conference are English and Polish.
Summary of sessions
You are asked to write a 60-word summary of the content and structure of your session, and provide your biodata (max 60 words). Presentations will be chosen based on the summary. Your summary must accurately reflect the content of your presentation. The programme committee will evaluate all speaker proposals based on quality and relevance.
Submission Open: 20thApril 2021
Submission Deadline: 10thJune 2021
Notification of Acceptance: 28thJune 2021
Conference Fee Payment: 10thJuly 2021
Publication opportunity Presenters are welcome to submit their papers in electronic format for publication by the 10th of September 2021 at the latest. Send your paper to Peter Whiley at email@example.com
Registration Fees 30th IATEFL Poland International Conference 2021
|REGISTRATION||Early do/by 20.08.2021||Final do/by 15.09.2021|