CALL for PAPERS 29th IATEFL POLAND ELT Development Event – 18-19 September 2020
HighTech – A Teachers’ Promised Land
IATEFL PL ON-LINE MEET-UP 2020
29th ELT Professional Development Event
18-19 September 2020
Lodz University of Technology
We cordially invite you to the 29th IATEFL Poland Professional Development Event – IATEFL PL ON-LINE MEET-UP 2020-
in cooperation with Language Centre of the Lodz University of Technology.
The conference is one of the largest events for teachers of English as a foreign language with over 1000 participants willing to seek new ways and innovative solutions to be adopted in the learning-teaching environment. Do not miss the opportunity to discover a teachers’ promised land of contemporary language education.
To help explore the variety of issues connected to the main theme of the conference, this Call for Papers welcomes contributions covering any of the following or related topics:
- Psychology in Teaching and Teachers’ Careers
- Global Issues
- Effective ways of developing general language skills
- Language Assessment (testing and evaluation)
- Computer Aided Teaching and Learning (CAT/L) and learning technologies
- Inclusive Practices and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Young Learners and teenagers (YL)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP), e.g. Academic English, Business English (BE), Legal English, Medical English
- English Language Teaching Management (ELTM)
- Teacher Training and Development
- Creativity in English Language Learinig/Teaching e.g. Drama, Art, Story-Telling, Music, Literature, Humour and Cutural Studies
- Lektor High-Tech (Use of e-learning and new technologies in foreign languages teaching and learning)
If you would like to offer a presentation, talk or workshop, please fill in the online Speaker’s Proposal and Registration Form.
In the line with the mission and the ethos of IATEFL Poland, we would particularly welcome proposals from first-time speakers and young teachers, for whom we offer a mentoring scheme. For details, apply to the Organising Committee: email@example.com
Online Presentations options are:
- Plenary – online (45 min)
- Talk online (45 min)
- Workshop online (45 min.): workshop sessions must include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator.
- Lesson (45 min.): a workshop with real learners (various age groups). Lessons are observed by the participants of the conference.
- Advanced Lessons for Teachers (45 min.): a workshop with active participation of teachers – participants of the conference who would like to polish up their English.
WORKING LANGUAGES: The official languages of the Conference are English and Polish.
Summary of sessions
You are asked to write a 60-word summary of the content and structure of your session, and biodata: (max 60 words). Presentations will be chosen based on the summary. Your summary must accurately reflect the content of your presentation. The programme committee will evaluate all speaker proposals based on quality and relevance.
Submission Open: 10th February 2020
Submission Deadline: 16th June 2020
Notification of Acceptance: 5th July 2020
If you have any questions about the conference submission process or require additional information, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information please visit our website.
Publication opportunity Presenters are welcome to submit their papers in electronic format for publication in the IATEFL Poland Journal or E-Bulletin by the 10th of September 2020 at the latest. Send your paper to Peter Whiley at email@example.com