HighTech – A Teachers’ Promised Land
29th IATEFL POLAND Conference
ŁÓDŹ, 18-20 September 2020
Faculty of Electrical, Electronic, Computer and Control Engineering
Lodz University of Technology
We cordially invite you to the 29th
IATEFL Poland Conference in Łódź.
The conference is one of the largest events for teachers of English as a foreign language with over 1000 participants willing to seek new ways and innovative solutions to be adopted in the learning-teaching environment. Could there be a better place to explore the conference motto HighTech – Teachers’ Promised Land than a technical university based in a fast developing city with a post-industrial history? Let us meet at Lodz University of Technology to draw the best from the expertise of professionals working with modern pedagogies and to learn how to support blended learning and active students’ participation among other fast-developing methods. Do not miss the opportunity to discover a teachers’ promised land of contemporary language education.
To help explore the variety of issues connected to the main theme of the conference, this Call for Papers welcomes contributions covering any of the following or related topics:
- Psychology in Teaching and Teachers’ Careers
- Global Issues
- Effective ways of developing general language skills
- Language Assessment (testing and evaluation)
- Computer Aided Teaching and Learning (CAT/L) and learning technologies
- Inclusive Practices and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Young Learners and teenagers (YL)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP), e.g. Academic English, Business English (BE), Legal English, Medical English
- English Language Teaching Management (ELTM)
- Teacher Training and Development
- Creativity in English Language Learinig/Teaching e.g. Drama, Art, Story-Telling, Music, Literature, Humour and Cutural Studies
- Lektor High-Tech (Use of e-learning and new technologies in foreign languages teaching and learning)
If you would like to offer a presentation, talk or workshop, please fill in the online Speaker’s Proposal and Registration Form.
the line with the mission and the ethos of IATEFL Poland, we would particularly
welcome proposals from first-time speakers and young teachers, for whom we
offer a mentoring scheme. For details, apply to the Organising Committee: email@example.com
Presentations options are:
- Plenary (60 min)
- Talk (60 or 40 min)
- Workshop (60 or 40 min.): workshop sessions must include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator.
- Lesson (60 or 40 min.): a workshop with real learners (various age groups). Lessons are observed by the participants of the conference. The organisers can provide groups of learners.
- Advanced Lessons for Teachers (60 or 40 min.): a workshop with active participation of teachers – participants of the conference who would like to polish up their English.
- Poster presentation: posters are invited on any of the themes listed above. Posters may be any size up to a maximum of A1 (594mm x 840mm) or equivalent made up of separate sheets.
WORKING LANGUAGES: The official languages of the Conference are English and Polish.
Summary of sessions
You are asked to write a 60-word summary of the content and structure of your session, and biodata: (max 60 words). Presentations will be chosen based on the summary. Your summary must accurately reflect the content of your presentation. The programme committee will evaluate all speaker proposals based on quality and relevance.
Submission Open: 10th February 2020
Submission Deadline: 15th April 2020
Notification of Acceptance: 5th June 2020
Publication opportunity Presenters are welcome to submit their papers in electronic format for publication in the IATEFL Poland Journal or E-Bulletin by the 10th of September 2020 at the latest. Send your paper to Peter Whiley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fees/ 29th IATEFL Poland International Conference 2020
|REGISTRATION||Early do/by 10.07.2020||Final do/by 10.09.2020|
|IATEFL Members||370 PLN||490 PLN|
|Non-IATEFL Members||450 PLN||530 PLN|
|Exhibitors||320 + VAT||490 +VAT|
|Students1||225 PLN||265 PLN|
|One day registration fee||225 PLN||265 PLN|
1 Students must offer proof of identity by email or on arrival at the conference.