CALL FOR PAPERS is still OPEN – don’t miss it! Final deadline 31 MAY
32nd IATEFL POLAND Conference
Wrocław, 22nd– 24th September 2023
CALL for PAPERS
We cordially invite you to the 32nd IATEFL Poland Conference in Wrocław.
CONFERENCE VENUE: Building C-13 Wrocław Univeristy of Sciene and Technology ( so callled: serowiec) Wrocław, 23-25 Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego (street)
The conference is one of the largest events for teachers of English as a foreign language with hundreds of participants willing to seek new ways and innovative solutions to be adopted in the learning-teaching environment.
The conference theme: From the Classroom to the World.
To help explore the variety of issues connected to the main theme of the conference, this Call for Papers welcomes contributions covering any of the topics in the following areas:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging, including Catering for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Teacher Training and Development, including Teacher’s Self-Care and Resilience
- Psychology in Teaching and Teachers’ Careers
- Teaching Different Age Groups: Young Learners, Teenagers, and Adults
- 21st Century Skills and Employability, including Learning Skills and Presentation & Public Speaking Skills
- Global Issues in English Language Teaching
- Drama, Art, Literature and Culture in Language Education
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Effective Ways of Developing General Language Skills
- Language Assessment, including Evaluation and Testing
- New Technologies in English Language Teaching and Learning
- English for Specific Purposes, e.g. Academic English, Business English, Legal English, Medical English
- English Language Teaching Management and Leadership
If you are interested in the topic of the conference and would like to attend the conference as a speaker, please fill in the online Speaker’s Proposal and Registration Form. In order to cover all areas and all levels, we are not only interested in contributions from experienced presenters, but would also welcome proposals from first-time speakers and young teachers.
Presentations options are:
- Plenaries (60 mins) followed by Q&A sessions
- Talks (60 or 40 mins)
- Workshops (60 or 40 mins): workshop sessions must include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator.
- Live Lessons (60 or 40 mins): workshops with real learners (various age groups). Lessons are observed by attendees of the conference. The organisers can provide groups of learners.
- Advanced Lessons for Teachers (60 or 40 mins): workshops with active participation of teachers – attendees of the conference who would like to polish up their English
The main language of the conference is English.
Summary of sessions
You are asked to submit a 60-word summary of the content and structure of your session and provide biodata (max. 60 words). Presentations will be chosen based on your summary, which must accurately reflect the content of your presentation. The programme committee will evaluate all speaker proposals based on their quality and relevance.
Submissions – Open as from: 07th April 2023
Submissions – Deadline: 31st May 2023
Notification of Acceptance: 10th June 2023
If you have any questions about the conference submission process or require additional information, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information please visit our website www.iatefl.org.pl
|REGISTRATION 22 – 24 September 2023||EARLY by 11.07.2023||LATE by 06.09.2023*|
|IATEFL Poland Members||545 PLN||645 PLN|
|Non-IATEFL Poland Members||675 PLN||775 PLN|
|Exhibitors||490 PLN + VAT||490 PLN + VAT|
|Students* ||250 PLN||250 PLN|
*If you wish to register after the LATE REGISTRATION deadline, please contact the conference office: email@example.com
*  The scan of student’s ID card must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the original document displayed upon arrival at the conference during registration